Are you looking for a challenging, rewarding job as a Software Engineer? Then look no further - our team is searching for a new member, who’s eager to design and develop new features for our Mac photo book editor. If this sounds like you, apply now and join our ambitious team at albelli.
The Mac photo book editor is used daily by thousands of people, so your work will directly impact their experience with the software. You’ll get the chance of developing new creative features to help users design their perfect photo album. Next to that, we’re continuously improving the performance, the stability and the user experience of the editor, all while supporting new business growth initiatives.
At our core, we have a strong focus on always bringing the code base to a higher level, by refactoring older Objective C parts to Swift using modern coding patterns and (third party) frameworks like Alamofire, Quick, Nimble and RxSwift.
The Mac photo book editor has been introduced 10 years ago and is our in-house solution for creating beautiful books in a native macOS application. The Mac Editor is intuitive, easy to use, allows you to creatively design your book and relive beautiful moments. During the past 10 years, we have made hundreds of thousands of users happy with their albums and printed more than 1 million products for our customers. The software can be used in multiple markets and is available for download both on our websites, as well as in the App Store.
We’re a relatively small, but enthusiastic team in albelli. We’re passionate about our work and proud to have such a strong impact on our users. The developments we make reach our target groups immediately and we thrive on quickly reacting to customer feedback. We value trust and collaboration, and we support each other within the team, to help us grow and do the best job possible.
By joining us as a Mac Editor software engineer, you will be part of the Client Editors team at albelli. We work according to the Scrum/Agile framework, so you will closely interact with the Product Owner, Scrum Master and Quality Engineers. The Client Editors team focuses on offering photo book creation software for both Windows and Mac OS and we aim to offer the same sets of features on both platforms.
As we are a small and agile team you are involved from the early stages of idea gathering up until having customer facing working software. We design software solutions that fit seamlessly in Apple’s Cocoa architecture and the albelli code base. You develop these solutions in Swift, or occasionally in Objective-C. You document the interface and the implementation details, write unit tests, and debug your code. As Apple continuously improves the macOS environment, you are involved in maintaining the application and making sure it runs on all supported macOS versions.
On occasion, you are involved in 3rd line support. If a user encounters a problem that albelli’s 1st and 2nd line support departments cannot solve, your task is to examine the problem and provide a temporary or permanent solution.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience;
- Skilled developer for Swift and Objective-C with Cocoa in macOS or iOS;
- Ability to work independently, yet with an open mind for discussing different software solutions;
- Working knowledge of development tools: Xcode, LLDB debugger, and Apple’s “instruments” suite;
- You are fluent in English and able to write technical documentation.
- Familiar with at least two core technologies, such as Core Imaging, Core Animation, Core Data, Autolayout, GCD, KVC/KVO;
- Familiar with command line tools.
- Familiar with TDD development process
- A fast-growing e-commerce environment
- An international company hosting over 40 nationalities
- An innovative Tech culture with lots of autonomy and flexibility, freedom to experiment with technologies
- Agile working environment with regular dev days and demos
- Competitive compensation, relocation support, and lots of benefits (such as a discounted gym membership)
- Budget for personal growth and development, including external training, courses, and conferences
- 26 days of annual leave with a healthy work-life balance and a hybrid work set up (both home and at the office)
- Everything you need for a proper work from home setup
- An informal, fun, proactive, and inclusive culture with a social atmosphere (Friday drinks, parties, sports, etc.) to be resumed properly post COVID-19!
- A central location in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, Amsterdam!
For the safety of our employees and following the measures implemented due to COVID-19, we currently work differently. Our offices are closed while our production facilities are operating with proper safety and health measures. Our Recruiting process is currently entirely remote via phone and video calls. Our new hires will have a remote onboarding since the well-being of our employees is our number one priority.
Please remember to mention you found this position through CocoaHeadsNL.
For more information and to apply, please visit albelli’s posting on this link